Our Process to Find Missing Heirs
We offer no-cost, no-obligation consultations, even if you’re not planning to start a search right away. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have: as subject matter experts, we’ve seen it all and we can help. Our firm dedication to A Better Way means that we will never initiate a search without your authorization.
To Start a Search
- An Account Manager profiles your heir search requirements and provides you with a no-cost, no-obligation written fee quotation.
- Our search for missing heirs starts upon your execution/signing of our quote.
- Your file is assigned to one of our professional forensic genealogical researchers. No matter who your assigned researcher is, you have access to our entire team. Our researchers collaborate on complex forensic genealogical issues to find solutions that are unique to each file.
- Your researcher contacts you to verify the service details, including information provided, reporting needs and deadlines. We clarify your research goals and timelines, and request copies of all relevant information, like birth and death records, wills or obituaries, and last known contact information.
- We keep you advised of our progress by your choice of communication: via telephone, email, fax or standard mail.
- You receive a timely research summary (usually on a monthly basis), outlining the current status, research conducted, documents obtained and research next steps.
- We update you immediately if significant discoveries occur. We encourage you to contact us should you obtain new data pertinent to your search, or if you have any questions concerning the research summary.
When Search is Complete
- We contact you immediately.
- You receive a written report, suitable for court, that includes all supporting documentation required to establish the identities of the parties referred to in the report.
- When appropriate, your family tree is customized to include the names, birth and death dates, corresponding exhibit numbers, and references to the individual paragraphs in our report (also made available to you in digital format).
Our goal throughout the process is always to meet and exceed your expectations.
We address all potential roadblocks, like unverified information or sealed adoption records, at the beginning of every search, and continue to update you throughout the process.
Fully Insured Searches
For the protection of all concerned parties, we maintain corporate insurance coverage for errors, omissions ($2,000,000) and / or general liability ($5,000,000).
Our fees are always reasonable and non-percentage based. Services are provided on an hourly basis with a recommended number of hours estimated based on the type of search required – never on the size of the trust or estate. Our fee quotations are always based on an Account Manager’s careful recommendations, tailored to your heir search requirements.
Extensive Database Access and Worldwide Resources
Our resources include digital and physical, in-house, proprietary databases, libraries and archival records. We have established connections and relationships around the world to aid in our search.
All information provided is analyzed before research starts, and confirmed as new information accumulates. You can contact your researcher via telephone or email at any time to provide answers to any questions you may have. We do not exceed our initial authorized number of hours without your approval. Should additional hours be required to complete your search, we will advise you in advance and obtain approval prior to proceeding.
Your affidavit was accepted by the Court in its entirety. Great job! Your service was the best! Your fees were reasonable! Thank you so much for making a difficult situation for me easier to handle. I would recommend HeirSearch.com to anyone.
May 02, 2019
We will certainly use your services again if the need arises and will ensure members of our firm are also aware.
Feb 25, 2019
We were very pleased with the excellent report. Thank you both for the great service! We look forward to working with your firm again.
Sun City West, AZ
Mar 14, 2019